Please ensure all audio stems are ready for Mixing. We strongly recommend you spend the time to ensure your songs are free from any timing and tuning issues.
Make sure all edits are smooth and there are no clicks and pops or distortion in your audio signal.
We allow a generous amount of additional editing, vocal tuning and alignment free of charge. Where greater attention is needed that intrudes on your Mix time, Fees will apply on top of your final rate.
Preparing Audio for Mixing
- File formats – WAV or AIFF are preferred.
- Sample Rate & Resolution – 44.1/48/96K & 16/24/32 Bit files are accepted.
- All Audio files (mono or stereo) must be clearly labelled without audio clipping.
- All Audio stems must be consolidated or bounced from the start point of your song (bar 1 beat). All files must be of the same sample rate and bit depth.
- All multi-track files are to be provided dry, without reverb, effects or processing. However, if you feel a specific effect, process or creative element (such as filter sweeps, delays, Side-Chaining etc.) is an important part of the sound, provide us a processed reference version plus a ‘dry’ version. Label both versions clearly and mention this in the information you provide.
- Bounce any midi/virtual instruments to audio, we only accept audio files unless additional production is organised otherwise with us.
- When bouncing your multi-tracks allow for plenty headroom to avoid clipping or distortion. Over clipping, distortion and audio imperfections cannot be removed in the Mixing process.
In addition please provide as much written information as possible to assist with Mixing. Things such as audio levels of specific stems (such as vocals, guitars), panning, effects of instrumentation, etc. We encourage you to provide a rough mix and reference song.
What you get from us?
During the Mix process we’ll send you “Review Mixes” for you to hear and provide feedback on. Once the final mix is completed we’ll deliver the final mix ready for Mastering in the following formats.
- Final Mix Mastered.
- Final Mix Instrumental (Muting of vocal tracks during bounce)
- Final Mix Acapella (Muting of all instrumentation) Wet & Dry
We allow for 2 mix revisions included in the total price per track. Additional revisions will be additionally charged.
We strongly recommend you listen to the final mix in various listening environments (Car Stereo, Small & Large Stereo Systems, Headphones, IPod etc.) before providing revision notes (with timecode). This will ensure your ears get a better judgement across all mediums.
Delivery of Audio Files
You may upload your files to us online via our secure Dropbox account, FTP or burned on a DVD and mailed to us (Contact us for postage details).
Final Mixes will be delivered to our clients digitally online via Dropbox or FTP.
We also burn you a hard copy ready for your Mastering engineer. If we Master your record/s we’ll provide you with a master reference CD that you will use for CD duplication.